The Belmond-Klemme Broncos picked up right where they left off last week, scoring five touchdowns (all by senior Jaace Weidemann) and keeping the opponent scoreless in the first half. The Broncos beat Nashua-Plainfield 32-6 Sept. 6.

  The Bronco defense was on the field first at the first home game of the season. After a quick three-and-out, B-K took over on its own 31 yard line. On the third play of the drive, Weidemann bulled his way down the sideline, breaking Huskie tackles along the way, before he was stopped at the N-P 14-yard line. Four plays later, Weidemann scored the first Bronco touchdown of the night. Weidemann’s extra point attempt was blocked after a high snap, and B-K led 6-0 with 9:10 left in the first quarter.

  The defense again stepped up and held the Huskies to negative yards. However, the punt return was fumbled and recovered by N-P at the Bronco 35-yard line. Two penalties advanced the ball to the B-K 15, but the Huskies were unable to convert a fourth-and-4, and the Broncos took over deep in their own territory.

  Weidemann’s rushing helped the Broncos work down the field, and a 31-yard catch by Tate Sander put the Broncos across mid-field. On the next play, Weidemann ran down the visitor’s sideline to the endzone. A quarterback sneak by Jordan Meyer for the two-point conversion put the Broncos up 14-0 with just over three minutes left in the first period.

  Another three-and-out nearly ended in disaster for N-P when a high snap was chased all the way into the endzone by the Huskie punter. He successfully kicked the ball out of danger, but the Broncos were set up on the N-P 41-yard line for the next drive.

  A 16-yard pass to Nicholas Jenison was the highlight of the nine-play drive that spanned the first and second quarters. On the final play, Weidemann ran right up the middle from the five-yard line and scored his third touchdown of the night. The extra point attempt was blocked, and the Broncos were ahead 20-0 with one minute gone in the second quarter.

  The Huskies finally recorded a first down at the 9:58 mark in the quarter. However, the visitors were forced to punt before making much more progress.

  During the next drive, Carson Lane wrestled a jump ball out of the defender’s hand to move the Broncos to the N-P 30-yard line. But the Huskies were able to stymie the drive, and the Broncos turned the ball over on downs.

  Max Beminio got the ball right back for B-K on a pass interception. The Broncos were set up on the N-P 19-yard line. After an incomplete pass, Weidemann’s two rushes put B-K on the N-P 13 with fourth down and three yards to go. Meyer’s pass to Jenison gained ten yards, and Weidemann pushed his way into the endzone for another score. The two-point conversion failed, and the Broncos led 26-0 with just over a minute left in the half.

  For the second time in as many games, the Bronco defense held a team scoreless in the first two periods of a game.

  It was a disappointing start to the second half. The Broncos could not field the opening squib kick, and the Huskies were able to march down the field for their first (and only) score of the night. N-P’s two-point conversion was stopped, and B-K led 26-6 at the 7:45 mark.

  The Broncos next drive was stopped after the second play when Weidemann fumbled.

  N-P also fumbled on the ensuing drive, but recovered the ball. The Huskie quarterback was also injured during the series, and did not return.

  The Broncos struggled on the next drive. The highlight was Meyer’s desperate, last-second heave to Pletsch as he scrambled away from a sack, but that great play was called back on a penalty.

  The final score came in the fourth quarter. Weidemann ran around the left end to score from the eight-yard line. The two-point conversion failed and the Broncos were ahead 32-6 with 8:44 left in the game.

  The last chance for the Huskies to score ended on an interception by Sander.

  The game was finished out by the second team that moved the ball to the N-P five-yard line before taking a knee to end the game.

  Weidemann led the offense by....  read the entire story in the Belmond Independent.