The Belmond-Klemme school board will hold the first of two June meetings next Tuesday, at 7 p.m. The meeting will be held in the library at Jacobson Elementary School due to construction and remodeling in the high school hallways.
There are a number of action items on the agenda including:
• deciding on possible redistricting, number of school board members and whether the board should be made up of only at-large members;
• renovation of the sound system in Luick Memorial Auditorium;
• reviewing the forms to be used for the superintendent’s evaluation;
• deciding on the classroom and office space needs at the high school;
• services needed for the growing population of immigrant students;
• and summer band lessons.
There are also two discussion items:
• board policy on teacher reductions;
• and permissions for other districts to cross school boundaries to pick up open-enrolled students.
The regular board meeting will be held Thursday, June 20.